District: California 1st District
Run-Off Election: 06/05/2018
Primary Type: Open
”Issues that are affecting my friends and neighbors in the North State are being played out on the national stage. I feel called to give back to the people of this region I love and to ensure they have a representative who listens to them and fights for them. ” - Audrey Denney
Justice Democrats is proud to support candidates with a positive vision for our future. As establishment strategies continue to fail the people, Audrey fights for a platform to uplift the lives of the extraordinary people she would represent by replacing the incumbent and fighting to:
- Over-turning Citizens United and take money out of politics
- Oppose tax cuts for the rich/supply-side tax cuts
- Support breaking up big banks and reinstating Glass-Steagall
- Invest in a Green Energy Economy
- Supports DACA, DAPA, and a fair path to citizenship for undocumented immigrants in the country
- Propose a Voluntary National Service Program for young people in exchange for tuition-free higher education and living stipends.
- Ensure that all women have access to health services guaranteed by law
- Ban conversion therapy and fully oppose any LGBTQ discrimination
- Stands with Northern California environmental groups, labor, community activists
- Decriminalize the War on Drugs
From an early age, Audrey was active in 4-H and other service learning organizations. She was particularly involved in the FFA and served as a California FFA State Officer. She also served on a team of National Beef Ambassadors representing the beef industry around the country.Audrey worked her way through college in the food and beverage industry in service, management, and consultative positions. She earned a bachelor’s and a master’s degree in Agricultural Education from California State University, Chico. Her master’s thesis was recognized with an award as the best education thesis in the California State University system that year. Audrey is currently the president of the board of Cristosal, an internationally renowned human rights organization based in Central America. She also serves on the mission committee at Bidwell Presbyterian Church in Chico, and coordinated a city-wide service day called “Serve Chico.” On the first day of the Oroville Dam spillway disaster, thousands of people were pouring into Chico, and shelters were being put up around town. Audrey rushed to help the effort at her own church and assisted in implementing a system for collecting resources and getting them to the shelters that needed them. Audrey has a deeply-rooted devotion to service and is passionate about our environment and community. Her work ethic, and professional training enable her to learn quickly, communicate effectively, and to inspire others to action. Audrey’s experience working with people of all backgrounds while inspiring change through action and teaching will help her to represent the North State effectively in Congress.
”I am running for Congress because I want to be a part of the movement that inspires my generation to engage with politics on a deep level, to offer our talents, and to take our seats at the table.” - Audrey Denney
Help us spread the message about Audrey’s mission to bring real change to California's 1st District and to America and make some calls!
To read the rest of Audrey Denney’s story, click or tap here.