District: Michigan, 6th
Primary Date: 08/07/2018
Primary Type: Open Primary
Voter Registration Deadline: 07/09/2018
”We must also protect the dignity of all the members of our communities if we want a nation where life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness are possible. This means that everyone who works full-time must have a living wage. Education, whether academic, vocational, or another type, must never throw hard-working students into a lifetime of debt. The United States is a uniquely diverse nation, an identity that provides us an opportunity to be a model for the rest of the world. ” - David Benac
Justice Democrats is proud to support candidates with a positive vision for our future. As establishment strategies continue to fail the people, David Benac fights for a platform to uplift the lives of the extraordinary people he would represent by replacing the incumbent and fighting to:
- Fight for Medicare for all and women’s reproductive health, mental health, and quality of health
- End for-profit prisons and aggressive policing
- Demand government transparency and remove corporate influence and gerrymandering
- Eliminate right-to-work laws, the pay gap, and gender/racial/sexual identity based discrimination
- Address green jobs, a living wage, and combat automation through with more occupation training
- Expand the VA program to rehabilitate our veterans
- Ensure civil rights and religious liberty for all
- End for-profit schools and support publicly funded education through college
- Protect the environment, Great Lakes, public lands, the EPA and Superfund, and the Endangered Species Act
Upon joining the history department at the University of Michigan, David was elected as a member of the Association Council of the American Association of University Professors as well as serve on the Kalamazoo Historic Preservation Council by his faculty. In the years that followed, he helped form Organize West Michigan, became co-chair of the Environmental Task Force of ProKzoo, joined the steering committee for the Kalamazoo Complete Streets Initiative, co-chaired the Kalamazoo Earth Day Festival, won election to Vice Chair of the Michigan Democratic Party Environment Caucus, and was a delegate for Senator Bernie Sanders to the Platform Committee of the Democratic National Committee.
”Clean water, air, soil, and food free from toxins, safe workplaces, healthcare, and equality under the law are human rights. These rights may not be enshrined in the Constitution, but I believe they are fundamental to the continuation of human society. In the United States, we must commit to ensuring the human rights of all people.” - David Benac
Help us spread the message about David Benac’s mission to bring real change to Michigan and to America and make some calls!
To read the rest of David Benac’s story, click or tap here.